Into a premier lumber and building material supply business, with design and architectural services, at six locations in three states. What hasn't changed? For more than 100 years, we've been family-owned and family-operated.
Herrington's Lumber, Millwork and Building Supplies opened circa 1865 in a small wooden storefront by the railroad tracks of Hillsdale, NY. Founded by Geo. M. Bullock, Edmond Herrington became his partner in the early 1900s. The company became known as Bullock and Herrington, which provided coal, lumber and feed for Hillsdale, NY and surrounding villages. Proximity to the rail station provided convenience for receiving lumber and supplies shipments during this time when horse and wagon were the mode of transportation.